U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 03:47:57 GMT, Xane T.
wrote:
You could just dump 50-coat polyurathane on it and call it a day. It
sounds like you're completely new to it all, so be advised that 50
coat is a product- not applying 50 seperate coats. It leaves a really
thick, flat surface on a tabletop, and the only sanding I'm aware of
is to clean up the drips on the bottom edge of the tabletop. A lot of
people place photographs, coins or other little things on the table
before dumping the stuff on, and the top still comes out flat.
Personally, I'd avoid the stuff under the poly, because it looks
pretty tacky, but in a bar situation, it may be really popular.

It's not exactly a classy solution, but your patrons would almost have
to *try* to damage it.

50-coat varnish is actually a 2-part ultra refined epoxy that goes on
clear and is tough as nails. It can be a little tricky to apply the
first few times you try, so if you buy it, test it a few times to get
the hang of it. No clue whether it will adhere to the previous coat,
but I've used it over shellac and over polyurethane with no problem.

Is that the same sort of thing as Envirotex?