Gunner

On 17 Dec 2004 06:01:16 -0800, wrote:

If you keep your eyes open over a significant amount of time, you will
find what you want at the price you want to pay. If you want it sooner,
then it will cost you more money...that is if you can find it.

A truer statement would be hard to find. You are definitely right
about this.

At a LARGE American corporation, records show that retirees die on the
average of THREE years after their retirement.

A large part of this is people retire and don't know what to do. They
putter around watching tv, etc and have sense of purpose. Even more
significantly contributive is the death of a spouse. I don't have an
exact number but I think it's pretty close to within a year. Those of
us that retire with a purpose will probably be in that group that live
20 years into retirement.

My dad retired about 10 yrs ago. Mom crossed over 4 yrs ago.
Besides cowboy action shooting, bench rest shooting, he has just
taken up golf. He is continuing the Snow Bird routine he and mom did,
and last time I talked to him, he was in Florida getting the
Freightliner ready to pull the RV to Texas.
I think he will out live me....tough old ******* G

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio