Duane Bozarth

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"dadiOH" wrote in message

Most any router from Porter Cable, Bosch, Milwaukee, Makita, DeWalt
would serve you well.

I agree with everything said here. Just to add, avoid Ryobi and the
Craftsman made by Ryobi. They are notorious for problems holding the bits
accurately.

I generally avoid all Craftsman and Ryobi like the plague, but that
said...I have a (much) older Craftsman that I still like for feel and
balance better than any other I've ever had or used...while I've heard
some complaints, I've never had a problem with the switch cable and I
like the trigger grip handle much better than any of the other
arrangements...it's just a 1/4" shank, however, which may be OK for the
stated purpose but I find I don't use it nearly as much any more for
that reason--all my bits have evolved to be 1/2" shank as I haven't
replaced worn out 1/4" ones...whether any of the current crop of
Craftsman are very good I don't know, I just liked the old handle style
very well...I would definitely steer away from the no-name Chinese
imports, however in the interest of cheap...I wouldn't trust the collets
and the runout. It's real easy to get a serious injury if something
happens to a tool spinning at 20k rpm.