Broadback

Lee wrote:
Broadback wrote:

I am replacing the toilet in a 1930s house. The original toilet was
puttied (highly technical term) into the original cast iron pipe. I
need to cut a couple of inches off the pipe to fit the new toilet.
Unfortunately the internal diameter of the pipe is very slightly too
small for the standard 99-105 wc pan connector. What are the solutions?
TIA

If you are not already using one, you may need to find a "proper" cast
iron to plastic adapter.
We had this issue, the CI adapter has a slightly smaller OD with more
fins, the pan connector then fits into this.

Ours came from a local plumbers merchant, who new about the problem

Think I've seen them in Wickes though.

Lee

Many thanks Lee, I'll try the local plumbers merchants, couldn't see
anything on the net.