Cooper

"D. Gerasimatos" wrote
Just curious, but wouldn't it be easier to find a wooden window with
wood grain finish? Wh the insistence on vinyl? It's tacky, too. (IMO)

Dimitri

Having been in the trades for almost 30 yrs. b/4 I retired. I had/have
access to almost any product. I put vinyl windows in my own home, one year
after first installing them. I would put them in again in a heartbeat.

I have no idea why you would say they're tacky, except that you never seen a
laminated vinyl window. From the outside, they look better than the wooden
windows which are vinyl/aluminum capped from the
factory, PLUS you don't have the problem of water infiltration to the wood.
On the inside, you don't get water spots from _sweating_ during the cold
weather as you do on wood. I like the vinyl to clean over the wood,
interior & exterior.

You don't have to worry about vinyl swelling as you do wood. Vinyl will not
rot as wood.