J. Clarke

ted harris wrote:

In newsoug Miller typed:
In article , "Mike
Marlow" wrote:

C'mon Doug - didn't Steve Gass say he has two of them in the field...
even as we speak?

I'm really not interested in what Steve Gass claims, as he's hardly an
unbiased source. I'd put much more stock in a statement by someone not
affiliated with SawStop, who says that he actually has one in his shop.

So you would give more stock to a billion dollar industry that is against
implementing the use of a system that clearly provides the operator with
added safety, than you would to some poor schmuck that invented something
better in his garage? Are we supposed to believe that the manufacturers
have your best interest at heart more than your neighbor. You don't have
much faith in your fellow woodworkers then, huh?

Geezus H. Christ did they hire you from the anti-smoking lobby? He says
that he'd trust the opinion of "a fellow woodworker who actually has one"
over the opinion of some guy who stands to make millions selling the thing,
and you spin that to "you'd take the word of someone who makes millions
selling saws over that of a fellow woodworker".

Look, you buy one, when it arrives you tell us where you're keeping it,
we'll all come look at it and you can show us how reliably it stops and how
easy it is to change the cartridge and then maybe we'll be impressed, O
Fellow Woodworker.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)