twstanley wrote:

Does your neighbor have stuff out by the road on trash pickup day?

The folks that owned our place before us didn't think it was worth
paying for trash removal when they could just pile it up and burn it

in
the pasture...same pasture the horses were in no less. We spent a

lot
of time cleaning that and other junk up to make it safe for horses

and
cattle.

THAT'S IT! Thanks to you and Gino, I figured out what it was, because
when I called Gnarly Wife, she said "We've been burning garbage twice a
week for the last ten years." They're the richest people on the road,
but they are the only ones who don't have garbage pick-up.
Oh, now I'm REALLY foamin'.