On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:50:27 -0500, GregP
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:47:19 GMT, "Vic Baron"
wrote:

I'm 67 years
old and have been making noise and sawdust for over 40 years - still have
all ten complete digits.

If I get to 67 - and I'm not that far away - I will see even less
clearly than I do now, my reactions will be even slower,
my strength will have diminshed even further, my thought
processes will be slower, and my sense of balance will
be even worse. So I will assume that the chance that I
will have a digit-subtracting accident will be considerably
higher than when I was 35.

You will also have far more experience, even more ingrained safety
habits and have developed patterns of working to compensate for your
physical and mental failings.

Older age groups famously have fewer accidents than younger ones.

--RC

Projects expand to fill the clamps available -- plus 20 percent