ted harris

In news:J typed:
Average reaction time when feeding your hand into a saw blade is
2.5 fingers. At that point you might as well throw them into the
garbage.

Is it really? Can you show me where you got this data from, or are
you just making things up?

Actually, Steve Gass of sawstop stated in a post on Sawmill Creek that
"People regularly push three fingers right through the blade before
they can flinch. Human reaction time is about 25-50 times slower than
SawStop, so even if you are going fast, the accident will likely be
far less significant with SawStop than without it."
I am quite sure that if you email him, he will be glad to support any
statement he has made with research, links, proof, etc.

So you base your statement on hearsay from someone who has a
substantial vested interest in the topic? I'm still trying to figure
out how the math works out from what he said to "2.5 fingers". Word
problems... what can you do!

I suspect that one could run a statistical analysis on the Consumer
Product Safety Commission database, however I do not know if he has done
that.

I am starting to think I'm being trolled. You are the one who stated that
the average reaction time is 2.5 fingers. Now you are saying that no one
really knows. Come on. Stop playing around.

Again, where do you get this idea from? Have you been to their
website and read it thoroughly?

Yes. Perhaps you can show me where it says that the device is
user-serviceable. Just because it is in a cartridge does not mean
that it is user-serviceable. Their site has a fair amount of
speculation to it. It has been that way for a long time. This makes
me think that they are not progressing well. Since you are so
familiar with it, please point out the part where it says they are
user serviceable.
-j

You could email them at , instead of
speculating here on the internet, and perpetuating yet another "urban
legend" and find out,

No, you claimed it is user serviceable. Perhaps you can stop
speculating and find out.

The general belief seems to be that it is user serviceable. If you do
not buy the conventional wisdom then it's up to you to disprove it.

No, it is not. Really, this is where I think you are trolling. You imply
it is on their website, so I go there and check it out. It says nothing
of the sort. Then you say write Sawstop and find out.
You are the one speculating that it possesses an attribute which is not
documented anywhere.

I'm tired of being trolled. Show me the facts that back up your argument.

-j

Getting as little rattled are we? Rattled enough to not even know who you
are responding to, huh?
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com