GregP

On 17 Dec 2004 01:52:56 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

That is now, but that is different from what I asked.

What did you ask?

My starting point was when he decided to sell tools, not
when he decided to add a single product to his line.

SawStop has been sitting on their product for at least four years that I know
of...make that five. I somehow doubt the owner of Grizzly spent anything like
two years putting things together to sell tools, but if he did, he made no
public announcements beforehand about his products.

I've met Mr. Balolia (sp?) a couple times, and one thing I learned about him is
that he does not like wasting time. AFAIK, he's sole owner of Grizzly, so he
would have made the decisions and got things going ASAP, after deciding he was
going to sell imported tools in the U.S. It might have taken him two years to
put the financing together...I have absolutely NO idea about that.

So it sounds like two years, maybe even longer, is realistic.