Charlie Self

GregP responds:

On 16 Dec 2004 20:29:05 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

J responds:

Do you think it was six years before they shipped anything? Hardly.

I have no idea how long it took from the day a few people said
"hey, let's sell tools" to the day that the first one was sold to a
customer, but I suspect that it was a good two years. I also have
no idea when the Sawstop people decided to go into the ts
retail business.

Probably more like a month, or the time it took to get tools here after

they'd
already been contracted in Taiwan.

That is now, but that is different from what I asked.

What did you ask?

SawStop has been sitting on their product for at least four years that I know
of...make that five. I somehow doubt the owner of Grizzly spent anything like
two years putting things together to sell tools, but if he did, he made no
public announcements beforehand about his products.

I've met Mr. Balolia (sp?) a couple times, and one thing I learned about him is
that he does not like wasting time. AFAIK, he's sole owner of Grizzly, so he
would have made the decisions and got things going ASAP, after deciding he was
going to sell imported tools in the U.S. It might have taken him two years to
put the financing together...I have absolutely NO idea about that.

Charlie Self
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston
Churchill