Roger Shoaf

Go for the inverter. I have one and it runs almost anything I ever need to
plug into it. Just make sure the cables driving the inverter are big
enough.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I've owned a couple of those portabands but got rid of the last one
years ago. I recently was at an estate sale and picked one up so
cheap I couldn't pass on it.

Coincidentally, yesterday a woman offered me a bunch of angle iron but
said it was welded into stuff too unwieldy to move in my vehicle. I
got to thinking yet again, surely there must be some way to power
this saw from my car. I could get an inverter, but I rather suspect
that the motor on this is a universally wound DC motor. Is there a
way to directly run it from battery power?

GWE