Chris Cowley

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:16:52 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:22:57 +0000, "Chris Cowley"
wrote:

I've just had a new back door fitted, and the glass panels at the top of
the door have been padded out with about a 10mm thickness of filler as
the door seems designed to take thicker glass than what has been
supplied with it

Sounds like it was designed for a double-glazed sealed unit. Shoddy.

Thanks for the replies everyone. At least I can ask vaguely educated
questions of the supplier/fitter now (like "Isn't this door supposed to
take double glazed panels?").

For the chap that asked for wider-angled shots showing more of the
door:-

http://freestuff.grok.co.uk/door/DSCF0014.JPG
http://freestuff.grok.co.uk/door/DSCF0017.JPG

As you can see from these shots, it has 9 glazed panels and the real
ugly part is at on the three top-most panels where the molding on the
door seems to be sized for thicker 12mm-or-so panels.

They've agreed to send the wood-butcher back on monday afternoon, so
I'll give them the opportunity to put things right. If they don't sort
it out to my satisfaction then I'll be naming and shaming them here and
fixing it myself (either by buying double glazed panels for it and
fitting them, or somehow doing a better job of bodging the putty and
beading with the existing panels...) :/

Thanks again,
Chris.
--