Tony Hogarty

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:37:14 +0000, mike ring wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in
et:

... until other systems are used by more people.

Mary

Trouble is, windoze is the only os available to those whose brain is
smaller than all outdoors and don't speak klingon.

Until that changes mortals will have to use windoze and try to protect
themselves; Antivirus, firewall, spyware and adware detector, email
protection (and not using OE or IE)

mike

Modern linux distributions are not as daunting as they used to be.
However as you say they do require more knowledge to install than windows
but once installed they are easy to use. My wife happily uses linux and
finds it very similar to windows in day to day usage. Not that I'm
implying she's got a brain smaller than all outdoors of course ... time to
quit digging this hole whilst it's not too deap I think.

--
Regards

Tony Hogarty
(Take out the garbage to reply)