Bob Eager

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:04:09 UTC, Tony Hogarty
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:41:51 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:08:30 UTC, Tony Hogarty
wrote:

No unfortunately you are very wrong in your assumption. There have been
attempts to write viruses for *nix sysytems previously and fortunately
they come to nothing because they can carry no useful payload and more
importantly they cannot propogate.

What about the famous Morris worm?

Perhaps I should have said modern nix systems? 1988 is a long long time
ago!

The point is, I guess, that the Morris worm just exploited a bug in a
user mode (but partially privileged) program, i.e. sendmail. Such a bug
could still occur today.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!