gw

"Chris Melanson" wrote in message
news:Jilwd.45060$Ya4.33440@edtnps84...
Use a 3/4" scribe down the right edge to give clearance for your doors on
the right hand side and look for the euro 170 degree hinges for the left
hand side as they open 170 degrees as opposed to the 110 degree as the
regular ones do so it should fix your access prob. I would never make a
cabinet door over 22 inches for anything they become to large and bulky

past
that piont.

Chris Melanson
BLH Millwork Ltd.

Thanks for the suggestions - I'm going to re-think it.

"gw" wrote in message
I'm in the process of designing a pantry for a kitchen remodel. The

pantry
cabinet will be 30" wide, 84" high, and 24" deep. I was planning to use
the
lower 60" of the cabinet as pantry space, with a double-door cabinet
above.

Due to the cabinet's right edge being against a wall, I would like to

use
single door on the cabinet, hinged on the left. The door would have a 4"
deep set of wood shelving on the inside for storage of canned goods and
small items. If I use a double door, the shelving on the inside of the
right
door would block access to the cabinet shelves, as the door will not

open
past 90 degrees.

This would give me a door approx. 29" wide and 59" high. I'm using a
frame-and-panel overlay door, in birch. I was figuring on using a center
stile and making it a 2 or even a 4 panel door to avoid having a huge
panel.

Any other suggestions - is this a bad idea? How many hinges should I use
support the weight?

-Gary