GregP

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:11:07 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

You might be surprised. I used to work with an engineer who had passed the
bar--engineering paid better. I used to have a secretary who had passed
the bar. A friend of mine is married to a graduate of Yale Law School who
has successfully defended asbestos suits. He hasn't worked in about ten
years. There was a time when everybody who could went to law school
planning to get rich quick, with the result that lawyers became a glut on
the market. Not saying that Gass is one of the starving ones, but "passed
the bar" != "well off financially".

Passing the bar *never* equated with "well off financially."