MLD

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Get it insured. a 1 day flood could cost 5- 50000$ in damage easily. My
neighboors toilet line broke when they were away in summer for the
weekend, 3rd floor. Oak floors, carpet, wallpaper, plaster-paint etc
15000$

We were away for several days- had a double toilet failure--small leak by
the flapper lowered the water level to the point that started the refill
procedure--- fill valve stuck so the water never shut off--overflow tube
couldn't handle all the water coming into the tank. Result was two
bathrooms completely wiped out (one over the other). Walls, vanities, tiled
floors, tiled shower etc. Net cost came to over $22,000. First time I went
away and didn't shut off the main--shame on me. Took almost 6 months from
fighting the insurance company to getting everything rebuilt. At one point
we had to shower in the upper bathroom tub. wash in the kitchen sink and use
the down bath toilet. A restoration company was in the house for almost a
week tearing everything apart and working on mold control/elimination.
MLD