BigWallop

"i-ball" wrote in message
i have a glow worm combi and the pressure gauge keeps going to 0.2 bar.

The
plumber I spoke to says that the boiler I have should have a pressure of
between 1 and 2 bar. I used the refill tap to raise the pressure but

after
a few minutes this goes back to 0.2-0.3bar. I then noticed outside by a
drain pipe hot water was coming out so I thought this is where the hot

water
is going. How do I stop it from draining and maintain the pressure?
Thanks.

ian

The thing that's leaking outside is the systems drain down cock. Tighten it
up with a spanner, or even a pair of pliers, on the little square brass knob
until it stops dripping. Turn it the same way you turn a tap off. If it
continues dripping, then the washer inside has most likely perished and
needs replaced.