This is a subject near and dear to my heart. I have a simple, 2-plane roof over
a 1500-sq ft house. Replacing the metal shingles, including removal & disposal,
is about $2800. Just to replace with standing-seam painted steel is 3 times
that. I know the materials aren't that expensive, and it's not rocket science to
do the work. So why is it so expensive?

Rex B
Fort Worth

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:27:41 GMT, RoyJ wrote:

||Thats fairly cheap compared to the midwest (Twin Cities area)
||Backlash wrote:
|| Just curious, how much do installers charge per square to replace asphalt
|| shingles where you live? Around here, Eastern NC, the 2-man shingle crews
|| will do simple new installation for 50 to 65 dollars a square on a 4/12 to
|| 6/12 pitch roof.
|| RJ

Texas Parts Guy