Leonard Caillouet

Duh! Of course, we have all seen sets with bad switches. Lots of RCAs, and
lots of sets that windex or other cleaners have done a good job of corroding
the tact switches. That was not the point. The point was that it is
humorous that so many people want to assume that there is little more to the
troubleshooting and repair of electronics than changing the power switch if
the unit doesn't work.

Repairmen over here have learned to have a sense of humor about such things.

Leonard Caillouet

....I'd like to find you inner child and kick its little ass. Get over it...
(The Eagles)

wrote in message
Leonard Caillouet wrote:
Isn't it amazing how many sets have broken power switches? I have to

bite
my tongue when they give me that line.

Repairmen over here, learned not to bite their tongue anymore... Many
late ninety-nineties and earlie two-thousands Philips TV sets have
Stelvio power switches that use contact material of inferior quality,
which would burn up pretty fast when used regularly. It was actually a
lot safer to keep the set on standby than to switch it on and off every
day. Symptoms of the power switch faillure would include circuit
breakers popping, TV-sets spontaneously turning themselves on at night,
TV-sets starting to smell and even smoke, independent of the set being
switched on or off.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.