GregP

On 16 Dec 2004 10:15:37 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Jeez, boy, it doesn't happen that fast for most of us.

Hell, old man, a "lot of us" are DEAD by 66, haven't ya noticed ? :-)

I'm 66 and so far, my
powers have been reduced, but cataract surgery brought the eyesight back
(better than ever), I haven't fallen into a tool yet, and I do things a shade
more slowly--and stay off motorcycles--to make up for slower reaction times.
I'm not as strong as I was 15-20 years ago, but I'm not lifting weights 6 or 8
hours a week any more either.

Woodworking doesn't have a whole lot to do with reaction time unless you screw
up.

Welll, that's part of the problem. Some of us aren't quite as
ambidextrous as some others. Some of us even have problems
walking and chewing gum at the same time. You could argue
that those of us so unendowed should stay away from power tools
altogether, but some of us do like a bit of spice & danger in our
lives. Just not too much....

And the need for strength is over-rated, though I can still walk a 500
pound saw around the shop without much trouble.

In the air, or on the ground ? (I just want to know whether I'll
have to buy wheels for the damn thing in another few years).