Dan Bollinger

One thing that might help in the
long haul is to make sure you don't have your email address on your web
site in a normal format. You can spell it out or there's various ways
to disguise it, but the spammers will harvest email addresses from web
sites ensuring that you're perpetually on their lists.

There are a couple of tricks that will make it very difficult for a spammer
to 'mine' your website, but still let people email you hassle0free. One that
I use is:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/emailriddler/index.htm It has the added
benefit of inserting what you want into the subject field.

Also, spammers mine the publically available Domain Name registries. On
yours you use You can change it, but must put in a valid
email account (they will check). What I did was create a Yahoo account (that
I never check) and use it on my websites. Dan