Melissa

"SQLit" wrote in message
news:cRmvd.123$1%.12@fed1read03...

"Melissa" wrote in message
om...
My clothes dryer regularly gets small pieces of clothing such as collar
corners or waist band ties, and slippery pieces such as rayon overskirts

and
nylon slips caught in between the drum and the front of the dryer. This
always results in a burned item. It also regularly snags bra hooks,
zippers, and buttons in the same area, ripping them off or twisting to

the
point of being unusable. It may be perception but it seems this is
increasing in frequency.

In looking online, and with extremely little knowledge about this, it

seems
this may be a problem with a front seal? The dryer is approx 3.5 years

old,
electric GE extra large capacity-model DVL223EAOWW. Is this a

reasonable
amount of time for this part to need to be replaced? Could it be

something
else? Is replacing the front seal, or other repair a possible DIY? No
knowledge of appliance repair, but can follow instructions extremely

well.
Thanks!

--
Melissa
remove your shoes to reply by email

I had a dryer just like that once. Used to eat my wifes bras all of the
time. I located an mesh bag and put all of her unmentionables into the bag
and then dryed with a load.
Can not put more than 3-4 items in the bag at a time but it stopped the
expendature at the lingrea store. Which I sort of miss, the modeling and
all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Something like this ad

Sorry, missed replying to this post earlier. I tried the mesh bag, but it
also got caught in the gap. With 4 daughters, we have so many slips, bras,
and silky socks that they are forever getting tangled. The bag does help
immensely when it's not getting burned itself. Thanks for the idea though.