Colbyt

"Steve" wrote in message
Deceased Step dads house. We live in New England. The house is empty now

and
I stopped by last night and the furnace was not working. I relit the pilot
light and got it working again but we are concerned that it may go out

again
and we cannot get to the house every day to check. Temps were down to 18
degrees last night. I'm thinking of shutting the water off and leaving the
faucets open to avoid any pipes freezing and bursting. Would there be any
downside to shutting the main water off?
Heat is forced hot air.

Thanks

Steve

No downside that I can see. I usually cut ours off at the main when we go on
vacation
Be sure to set the water heater to off or pilot mode if gas or turn off at
the breaker if elecctric.

Colbyt