Dave Plowman

Default Ceiling - enough strength?

In article ,
L Reid wrote:
They (the fixings) will fail. Doesn't really matter how they fail but
that they will.

So how much weight can these things hold? I've put some shelves up using
them, and am now concerned they're gonna fall down onto my head! Been up
for a few years now though and don't appear to have moved.

Shelves are a static load. A fan will shake the fixings which I reckon
makes them much more critical.

If you've used toggle or butterfly fixings into lath and plaster, I'd
guess it would make a difference how near the studs they were too.

--
*A day without sunshine is like... night.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn