Bubba

On 15 Dec 2004 21:23:52 -0800, wrote:

Hello,
My furnace recently went out (on the coldest day in Chicago
nonetheless). It turns out that the intermittent pilot control (Johnson
Controls G779) failed from being overheated. We could see warping
around the circuit board, but it also turned out that the air filter
was also plugged.

After installing a new pilot control and air filter, I am very worried
that the heater may still be overheating. The heater has been on for
several hours to heat the house up from a warm 37 degrees. The burners
go on for 4-5 mintutes, and then shut off. After 1-2 mintutes they are
reignited. The fan stays on for the whole time. This process repeats
itself while the thermostat is still set.

Is this normal for an old gas furnace that has been on for a while? The
technician said that if it displayed behavior like this the A-coil may
be plugged. Is this likely? Any tips would be most appreciated. Thank
you.

-Charles

Your problem is you have found a parts changer. Fixed the part, left
the problem. If it overheated, you need to find out why.
If you have a gas leak in your home and the house burns down, you have
to rebuild the house, right?
Do you just leave the gas leak for the house to burn down again?
Bubba