Fred

"Joe Doe" wrote

Clearly the B&D tool line is a low end line and should be compared to
other low end lines like Ryobi, Harbor Freight etc. etc. People
comparing B&D performance to DeWalt, Milwaukee, Porter Cable etc. makes
no sense. It is like paying for a Toyota Tercel and expecting a Lexus.

Nobody's comparing anything. 3 out of the 4 B&D small power tools I have
bought in the past 5 years worked for less than 3 months each under normal
conditions. I don't think it's too much to ask that a product actually
WORK THE WAY IT WAS ADVERTISED!???

Black and Decker itself makes this distinction on its home page where it
refers to the B&D line as a consumer line and the DeWalt line as a
"high-peformance" line.

This is just B&D's way of saying "we told you so" and trying to prevent
unhappy consumers returning the products when they fail. Lazy or passive
people won't take the time to return a $30 item if it has worked for 2-3
months. They figure, "hey, I did get 2-3 month out of it, so that's OK."