Jay Pique

On 15 Dec 2004 15:56:00 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 02:52:13 GMT, Mike Marlow wrote:

I keep reading that from people, but how many times have you heard anyone
say that they drive more recklessly because they have an airbag in their
car? Or even really had reason to believe they do? It isn't human nature
to behave that way.

Right. The stupid people who aren't wearing seatbelts now "because I has
airbags, yuh see", are the same stupid people who weren't wearing seatbelts
before airbags came along.

Unfortunately the publicity campaign for air bags has given some
people the idea that air bags are a substitute for seat belts. This is
massively untrue, but a lot of people believe it.

Technology doesn't make stupid people more, or less, stupid. It just
changes what they're going to be stupid about.

True, but PR campaigns that misinform can make even fairly bright
people act in truly stupid ways.

Dude, are you, like, a civil litigator?

JP