James Sweet

"jeff" wrote in message
news:Tt8wd.109$5m3.45@trndny04...
It's not affected at all. Geometry and convergence are big problems,
but the yoke takes care of most of that. Of course on these cheap
flat CRTs it's not an issue because they are as curved as a regular
CRT on the inside.

As best I can tell by looking closely from the outside, the CRT appears to
be *almost* flat but I do agree it seems to have a *slight* curve. In

other
words, as best I can tell, the surface of the CRT does not seem to be

nearly
as curved as a "classic" standard CRT.

J.

It really depends on the tube, some are quite flat, some are just as curved
as any other modern CRT. They're not as bad as the old 80's tubes, but more
like the "reduced curvature" ones that came out in the mid-late 80's, which
for some reason were advertised as "flat, square" tubes regardless of the
fact that they were obviously not flat.