bill a

besides the home inspection in the other post, I would also get a camera
inspection of the sewer lateral.
This is often not part of a general home inspection. A property that's been
vacate for some time is likely
to have root damage and possibly a collapse of the lateral (this alone can
get into 5 figures).

bill

"Chris Kernaghan" wrote in message
Hi,

My wife and I are looking at a derelict house as our second home, and a
renovation project.

We are going to view the property in a couple of days, and although I have
bought my current house and followed due diligence in purchasing it. I am
unfamiliar with what to look for in an older house.

The house is roughly one hundred years old, a red brick built by an
english company. It certainly looks like a middle class dwelling built to
a high specification.

The vendor also purcahsed the house for renovation, but does not appear to
have proceeded with the project (he appears to be filithy rich) but he has
said that it will need a new heating system, new water system and new
electrics.

One last thing, this house is not currently for sale, I contacted the
vendor after looking up the property on the land registry database, so any
advice on how to proceed with any sale would be good too.

TIA

Chris aka BoobBoo