Jason D.

On 15 Dec 2004 19:31:11 GMT, ospam (RonKZ650) wrote:

This particular chassis has a 470pf cap in parallel with both CR4101 &
CR4106. According to the website that kip referred me to, these caps are
2.2uf electrolyctic. Did RCA put out a service bulletin updating these
values????.

You must not be looking at the right caps. 2 capacitors directly to the left of
the reg driver IC need replacement, most are 2.2uf and 15uf, and one capacitor
an inch or so to the right of the chip which is either a 39uf or 47uf. They all
use electrolytics.

Yes, all four in SMPS. 2.2uF, 15uF and (if 47uF change to 39uF it
was a running change to help power FET to run cooler and good so far).
I use all three 3 caps 100V to simplify parts stocking. The last
470uF 35V as usual.

Never use generic parts in that SMPS. It's that picky.

Once you get SMPS going, check CR4118 is above 13V in standby. If
not, change diode, use exact diode.

I always check HOT and pincushion circuit (CR4402 & C4402). If
pincushion diode is shorted, i change diode & cap parallel to it, if
HOT is blown when I found diode and cap are bad, it's safe to change
HOT. Use quality parts. If the CR4402 has missing ferrite bead,
replace it.

Cheers,

Wizard