Barry N. Turner

Turn it between centers. You'll waste a little wood (length), but it should
work just fine.

Barry

"Bart V" wrote in message
Hi folks,
I need to make a short length of spindle, approx 2" long & 1/4"
diameter (does not have to be exact), out of ebony (hard & dense). I
do not have a chuck on my lathe, all I got is a face plate (yup, Santa
is aware of that...). Any down & dirty tricks, do it on my drill press
perhaps?
Bart.
P.S. no pics yet, but been playing up a storm on that banjo I just
made ))
-
Check my most up to date email address at:
www.haruteq.com/contact.htm
banjo bridges, tabs, stained glass:
www.haruteq.com

**may your moments of need be met by moments of compassion**