Rocker

Yes...I agree that C4102=2.2uf@100V and that C4104=15uf@63V and the cap to
the base of the chopper transitor is 39uf. However in the
http://wa6ati.com/Ctc169.htm website it says several times the following:

"I asked tech to connect his meter to the cathode of CR4116, then apply
power. The voltage shot up to 178 volts then began to drop. This indicated
there is no comparison voltage from the switch mode transformer to the Stand
by voltage sense input of the regulator U4101. I instructed tech to replace
CR4106 with the smaller of the two diodes & CR4101 with the larger diode in
the 207878 kit, plus replace C4103 a 2.2 mfd@100vdc. Unit was fixed with
these components.".

The cap in question here is C4103. The schematic that I have for a CTC169
chassis says that C4103= 470pf, 100V cap. So that's why I was questioning
which value was correct! Thanks!!!

"RonKZ650" wrote in message
This particular chassis has a 470pf cap in parallel with both CR4101 &
CR4106. According to the website that kip referred me to, these caps are
2.2uf electrolyctic. Did RCA put out a service bulletin updating these
values????.

You must not be looking at the right caps. 2 capacitors directly to the

left of
the reg driver IC need replacement, most are 2.2uf and 15uf, and one

capacitor
an inch or so to the right of the chip which is either a 39uf or 47uf.

They all
use electrolytics.