Dave Hinz

On 15 Dec 2004 14:28:31 GMT, Charlie Self wrote:

I'd like to see some test results--I'm sure someone did some at some
time--comparing ABS stop distances to an expert driver who pumps away with
abandon.

Well, the expert driver isn't "pumping with abandon", they're pushing _just_
shy of the skid point. ABS does the same thing, it's just better at measuring
it, and has four feet to push with instead of just one.

Of course, part of the problem is the number of drivers who perceive themselves
as experts, when most of them aren't even competent beginners when it comes to
emergency maneuvers.

Yup. I visit them regularly in ditches. The majority are drunk and/or
inexperienced, but I bet they think they're _all_ better than average
drivers.

Dave Hinz