Owain

"Jim Green" wrote
| Now my question is purely theoretical as I am going to do a ring
| circuit instead. But given the above why should I make it a ring
| circuit?
| Because you get an extra 10A for an extra length of 2.5mm. 20A might
| sound ample but it isn't that much when you start putting the
| dishwasher\kettle\toaster on.
| So unlimited sockets doesn't actually mean unlimited sockets. It means
| unlimited sockets so long as the majority are turned off!

It means unlimited sockets assuming the majority are only used for low power
appliances - which is true in most situations. The modern kitchen is an
exception. When the 13A socket system was designed in the 1940s, deep
fryers, dishwashers, kW+ combi microwaves, etc, weren't really taken into
account :-)

You might want to run a separate, non-RCD, circuit for the fridge while
you're at it. And put in provision for an electric cooker at the same time.
Even if you don't use it, a future owner of the house might appreciate it.

Owain