Average reaction time when feeding your hand into a saw blade is 2.5
fingers. At that point you might as well throw them into the

garbage.

Is it really? Can you show me where you got this data from, or are

you
just making things up?

Actually, Steve Gass of sawstop stated in a post on Sawmill Creek that
"People regularly push three fingers right through the blade before

they
can
flinch. Human reaction time is about 25-50 times slower than SawStop,

so
even if you are going fast, the accident will likely be far less

significant
with SawStop than without it."
I am quite sure that if you email him, he will be glad to support any
statement he has made with research, links, proof, etc.

So you base your statement on hearsay from someone who has a substantial
vested interest in the topic? I'm still trying to figure out how the

math
works out from what he said to "2.5 fingers". Word problems... what can
you do!

I suspect that one could run a statistical analysis on the Consumer

Product
Safety Commission database, however I do not know if he has done that.

I am starting to think I'm being trolled. You are the one who stated that
the average reaction time is 2.5 fingers. Now you are saying that no one
really knows. Come on. Stop playing around.

Again, where do you get this idea from? Have you been to their
website and read it thoroughly?

Yes. Perhaps you can show me where it says that the device is
user-serviceable. Just because it is in a cartridge does not mean

that
it
is user-serviceable. Their site has a fair amount of speculation to

it.
It has been that way for a long time. This makes me think that they

are
not progressing well. Since you are so familiar with it, please point

out
the part where it says they are user serviceable.
-j

You could email them at , instead of speculating

here
on the internet, and perpetuating yet another "urban legend" and find
out,

No, you claimed it is user serviceable. Perhaps you can stop speculating
and find out.

The general belief seems to be that it is user serviceable. If you do not
buy the conventional wisdom then it's up to you to disprove it.

No, it is not. Really, this is where I think you are trolling. You imply it
is on their website, so I go there and check it out. It says nothing of the
sort. Then you say write Sawstop and find out.
You are the one speculating that it possesses an attribute which is not
documented anywhere.

I'm tired of being trolled. Show me the facts that back up your argument.

-j