If the choice was that or 1600 bucks for a new saw, then the
answer
is
obvious.

Why would that be the only choice? Do you buy a new saw when you
have an accident on it?

If the accident does $100 worth of damage to the saw then the choice
is to
pay the $100 to fix it or to get a new saw. Same situation.

??? really?

Yes, really. The sawstop fires, you now have a saw that won't run

until
you
fix it, same as if anything else went wrong with it.

I thought you said the choice was to buy a new saw for $1600? That is

why
I said really.
Which one is it?

Huh? Where did I say that? If you look at the third line of this post

you
will see that I said "If the choice was that or 1600 bucks for a new
saw . . ." The part that you snipped clearly indicates that the "that" in
that sentence was "pay $100 for a new Sawstop cartridge".

An equally valid choice would be pay $100 or have a peanut butter
and jelly sandwich rammed down your throat by a purple titanium
robot

while
you are sleeping.

How is that an "equally valid choice"? It makes absolutely no sense
as an analogy.

Hey! That is what I was trying to say!

What is what you were trying to say?

I hate false dilemmas.

What "false dilemma"? If one has a saw equipped with a Sawstop,

then
the
choice is to replace the cartridge for 100 bucks, replace the saw

for
whatever is the price of a new saw, defeat the absent cartridge, or

don't
saw. I don't see another option.

Now you offer 4 choices. You understand that this proves that the

first
post with only two choices was a false dilemma, don't you?

I understand that you seem more interested in the cleverness of your

own
argument than in any kind of discourse.

Life's too short.

You started it.

Started what? I made a comment on a possible marketing strategy. Then

you
come in here with all this bull**** about "false dilemmas" when it is

clear
that your real problem is comprehension of the English language.

-j

Yes, it is clear that Sawstop's marketing approach is failing due to my
comprehension of the English language. I shouldn't have been sleeping
through the part when they were talking about the gerund. My apologies to
you and Sawstop.

-j