Melissa

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

DVL223EAOWW

I believe that model# will be DVL223EA"0"WW

Without the ""

Your GE dryer was built by Frigidaire for GE.

caught in between the drum and the front of the
dryer

This often induicates a worn drum support and the drum has shifted a
bit and is now pinching the clothes.

The dryer is approx 3.5 years old,
electric GE extra large capacity-model
DVL223EAOWW. Is this a reasonable
amount of time for this part to need to be replaced?

Not overly common but happens.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=343

Front upper felt glide pad with nylon glides, adhesive and
instructions.

http://www.applianceaid.com/wwf-howto.html
Some take apart helps.

jeff.

Thanks so much for both links! Does this part fix the problem of worn drum
supports? I couldn't quite get that from the instructions, so wonder if
that is a part that would eventually need to be replaced as well, and the
parts you sent the link for effectively fill the gap, so to speak. In any
case, I'll order the glide pad today.

--
Melissa
remove your shoes to reply by email