Charles Spitzer

"JJ" wrote in message
m...
We are laying 13x13 floor tile in a 15x15 addition. My wife has come up
with a pattern that calls for two rows around the outside of the entire
room, then a 3x12 border; then laying the rest of the tiles at 45 degree
angle in the middle. Lot of cutting I know.
Here's the question; the 3x12 border tiles she has picked out are one
sixteen of an inch thicker than the floor tiles. Will I be able to hide
this with a thicker layer of mortar, raising the 13x13 tiles, or is this
going to be a problem?
Thanks

tile a few pieces onto a piece of plywood and walk on it. chances are it
won't be noticeable.

using a thicker layer of thinset in the field would be hard to get all the
tiles to lay flat across the field.