Tony Hogarty

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:08:24 +0000, Lobster wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Advising someone to ditch OE would seems like good advice for any number
of reasons. It is the number one vector for email mailware on the
planet, and as a newsgroup reader it has a number of limitations -
loosing message threading due to (apparently) differing posting times
being just one of them.

Isn't Outlook (as in, the paid-for Office component) susceptible to the
same MS-targeted problems as OE, as regards email?

I use OE as a newsreader myself (with Outlook for email), admittedly for
no better reason than the fact that OE was 'there' when I wanted a
newsreader, and I keep meaning to get round to using something better.
Would be interested to know what others here prefer and why!

David

Knode or Pan on Linux for the simple reason that it is not a walking
security exploit!

--
Regards

Tony Hogarty