Andy Cuffe

On 14 Dec 2004 15:02:00 -0800, (Sharona)
wrote:

Is there any simple way to fix a corrupted graphics chip on an IBM T41
Thinkpad?

The only thing I can think of is to solder a new one on, which sounds
like a really bad idea.

Is there some troubleshooting steps? Like, can you flash the chip?
Or reload the firmware or something? Anything?

My symptoms are lots of vertical coloured lines at startup and in
Windows. The LCD is unviewable and the same image appears when
connecting a monitor.

Any advice welcome.
Thanks.

Your best bet would be to look for a junk laptop on ebay and swap the
motherboard. There's no possible way for you to replace the video
chip at home.
Andy Cuffe