Viviane

Default Fridge/freezer replacement

We have an Amana side by side and it's very quiet and reliable. As well as
the iceman in it (the story we tell our young daughter) we just hear the
motor cutting in and out - not surprising with an appliance that size,
particularly during a hot Australian summer.

Viviane

"DawnK" wrote in message

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
My question is, does anyone have strong views for or against
frost-free machines?

Buy one with 2 compressors, or at least a single compressor twin

thermostat
model. Frost free is a real convenience, but ask to hear the machine in
operation. Some (but not all) designs are horrendously noisy.

Christian.

My fridge is a frost-free Amana (freezer on top) and I hardly ever notice

it
running. The only noise I hear is occasionally from the ice-maker.
Although, my freezer is too crammed with stuff for the icemaker to

function
properly at the moment. The 12 yo Whirlpool it replaced, made enough

noise
that you could hear it ALL over the house! LOL! So, I think anything is
quieter than the fridge that was wearing out!

Dawn