Dan

Bob wrote:

Invite the neighbor (or his mother) into your house when the
problem is bad. If they experience it, they might help to solve
it.

Bob

I agree with this as a final attempt to get them to respond w/o bringing
authorities into it. If it fails (as it porobably will, given the
history), you'll have to decide which you value more; the "good will" of
this apparent clod, or the air you breath. Seems a no brainer to me.
As someone else mentioned, you WILL be seen as the "unreasonable one" in
the minds at least of this individual & his family. Unless they're
paying your bills my sentiment would be "So what?"

Dan