Chip C

meirman wrote:
What's the difference betweena jig saw and a sabre saw? (I don't

mean
the jig saws with the blade that runs from below the table to an arm
above the table. I mean the ones that use blades that attach at one
end only.)

"Jig Saw" is the generic term, it was used traditionally for certain
small hand saws capable of tight curves and is now applied to the power
tool. I was under the impression that "Sabre Saw" was someone's
trademark for their version (the first?) of the power tool (as Skil
coined "Skilsaw" for the circular saw, and Milwaukee "Sawzall" for the
reciprocating saw) but a quick google search doesn't tell me who it may
have been.

--
Chip C