Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a friendly helpful next-door neighbor here in the woods

(PA)
where the zoning ordinance does NOT prohibit open burning.

This is a
lifelong neighbor (30+) who grew up along with us and with whom

we have
up until now been on very good terms. (The good terms do not

extend to
neighbor's wife.)

For the past month, our home has REEKED of whatever it is that

he has
been burning. We live on a dead-end road, but I don't want to

give the
impression this is, like, Deliverance-style territory. It's

just a
70's-era development in the Poconos. We're not concerned that

he's
burning something necessarily illegal as we are that our home

is
becoming uninhabitable because of the smoke.

Invite the neighbor (or his mother) into your house when the
problem is bad. If they experience it, they might help to solve
it.

Bob