Mike Marlow

wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 03:23:41 GMT, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...
In article , "ted harris"

wrote:
In newsoug Miller typed:
In article , "ted harris"
wrote:

Sounds great to me...can't wait to order mine!

You can *order* one any time you like, no waiting.

It's actually *getting* one that you have to wait for.

No, they are being delivered as we speak!!

Are they really? Or is that more of their hype?

C'mon Doug - didn't Steve Gass say he has two of them in the field...

even
as we speak?

Meaning what, precisely? That he has two hand-built prototypes out for
testing?

He did not say they were in production. He did not say they were
shipping. He did not say they were in inventory.

This is the kind of statement you need to be very suspicious of. It
sounds like more than it's actually saying.

Ahem... psssssttt... that was (not-so)cleverly disguised sarcasm. You're
expressing my point. Those two - or what ever number (small) though they
may be, are the ones that have been there since the beginning. It's very
suspicious when you hear claims that make it sound like production is up,
things are shipping, stuff in the field and then the only information you
can find points to the same two or three that have been there for a couple
of years. That's getting some mileage out of those units. Credibility
suffers.
--

-Mike-