Mike Marlow

"ted harris" wrote in message
In news:J typed:

I don't think that safety devices do this, but "performance accessories"
like a new set of big fat tires or a huge wing on the back DO encourage
reckless driving. As long as tablesaws don't have spoilers or big fart
pipes on the back I think we are all responsible enough not to work
dangerously.

-j

So that explains the 3,000 amputations every year caused by contact with

the
rotating cutter, huh?

I'd be interested in more detail behind the 3,000 amputations. Perhaps if
you could provide information about the degree of amputation, etc. I
realize it's a statistic, but it's also being bannered about here as if it
has some meaning. As it stands today, the phrase 3,000 amputation has no
meaning whatsoever and in fact has nothing more than shock value. That's
one of the things I like least about what I see Gass doing. Those who have
to resort to that type of tactic only do so because something else isn't up
to par in their claim.
--

-Mike-