Wayne Cook

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:03:57 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On 14 Dec 2004 16:13:58 -0500, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

In article ,
Gunner wrote:
On 14 Dec 2004 01:05:58 -0500,
(DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

So -- I suspect the net congestion, and it may well clear up
next time you try. (Or it may not, and there is nothing that I can do
about it.

[ ... ]

Get a free
www.myway.com email address. Or even a hotmail one (also
free) 250 megs of storage, Great spam blockers, 10 meg email download
size limits for big attachments

Wayne has a web-based mail service from his IPS, along with the
POP connected Agent. It appears to be a problem with the POP
connection, *and* (sometimes) with incoming mail.

Yes and? You lost me somewhere above and below. Neither of you can go
to a website and log in, checking your email thats contained on their
server? No POP or SMTP required.

What he's saying is that I've got access to all my email accounts in
web format if I want to use it (which I really don't but will till I
get a chance to correct this situation, I'm completely and totally
swamped around here at the moment).

On the other hand Don runs his own web and email servers in house.
He does not want to and will not use anything except what he's got on
hand for several reasons one of them security.

And you can check your email from any browser anytime, anyplace.

I, personally, can't stand to use a web-based mail interface (or
for that matter to use a web based news poster), and I run my own mail
server, so deliveries are automatic to my mailbox on my systems,
whenever they come in.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Sometimes when all else fails, those online mail services such as
hotmail work when nothing else does, and provides a safe cutout.

Only as a complete last resort. There's been many times in the past
when I've filtered all email from hotmail and other services like that
due to the high flow of spam from them.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook