Doug Miller

In article , "ted harris" wrote:
In news:J typed:

I don't think that safety devices do this, but "performance accessories"
like a new set of big fat tires or a huge wing on the back DO encourage
reckless driving. As long as tablesaws don't have spoilers or big fart
pipes on the back I think we are all responsible enough not to work
dangerously.

-j

So that explains the 3,000 amputations every year caused by contact with the
rotating cutter, huh?

Well, clearly some three kilopeople annually are in fact not responsible
enough not to work dangerously. It's somewhat less clear that any
government-mandated safety device is a better means of preserving their digits
than simple responsible safety practices.

--
Regards,